Monday, February 22, 2021

 These are the pouches I made - assorted sizes - useful for all sorts of items. The black one shows the lining - lousy photo, I know -  I'm not going to sweat the small stuff.  ^^



Today I used up some fabric by covering my small ironing board - I rather like how colourful it is.  The wee tray is one that has been waiting to be assembled for months - today was the day!!  The centre portion is embroidered.



Our temperature reached +7C (45F) today - wow!!  And that was with a  mostly cloudy sky.  Snow has disappeared and there is lots of bare grass.   We had morning coffee break outdoors on the patio and sat out again after lunch - delicious!!  Hmm, wonder if it will get even warmer before the day is over. ^^

On the weekend I watched the movie "To Olivia" and this quote stuck in my mind . . . .


I can't unthink what I think






11 comments:

Kaisievic said...

The bags look great and you have done a wonderful job on the ironing board cover.

Ann said...

I like the pouches, they look like they would be useful for lots of things.
Your little ironing board is very colorful and that tray is quite pretty.

When I was out today it was 37F. Still lots of snow on the ground here though

Claire said...

some cute & practical sewing projects there ^^

Robin in Virginia said...

What fun pouches and ironing board cover you created, Kate! Well done! Cool little tray! We should have decent snow/ice melting this week as they are saying temps in the 50s/low 60s here.

Clare-Aimetu said...

The pouches look lovely, a great collection.I like your ironing cover fabric, I'm hoping to do a basket sometime this year, yours is lovely.

Jenny said...

Pretty little pouches, do you use them for stitching things?

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Yay to 45 ddegrees!
The pouches are neat fabric patterns.

Carol said...

Wow! Look at all those cute pouches! And I love your little ironing board cover. I had a small ironing board at one time and sold it at a yard sale--I'm so mad at myself now. It sure would have come in handy with all the finishing I do, but back then I wasn't stitching or sewing at all. Oh well! Enjoy your day, Kate~

Needled Mom said...

Cute little pouches! I love the happy cover on the ironing board.

WoolenSails said...

Those are wonderful pouches, beautiful fabric choices. That is a nice cover, I should try one since mine is falling apart. I have some thrifted fabric with sewing motifs.

Debbie

Maya Kuzman said...

Pouches can be quite handy! Love the fabric you've used for them!