Monday, February 15, 2021

heart month . . .

 Valentine's Day has come and gone but it's still heart month. 



I've been working on my fabric horde stash.  I sorted, pressed, cut and even made a few things.  The pressing and cutting was back-breaking at times - I quickly learned to pace myself.  One of the most interesting items I made was a tote bag that is reversible and sewed up rather quickly - I found the design here.    I've also made several pouches in a variety of sizes - they come in handy to store all sorts of things from ear pods to patterns.   Some pillowcases were created along with a  swiffer duster refill that was quick and easy.  I'd received a free swiffer duster and really like it for getting into the little knicks and crannies but the refills are very expensive so I was pleased to be able to make one.

The good news is that the COLD weather has departed - woohoo!!
 


your happiness always begins with you

5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your crocheted heart on a stick is adorable, Kate. It sounds like you have been busy working with fabrics. Well done!

Ann said...

What a cute little arrangement that is and I love the crocheted heart. Sounds like you are keeping busy with all those projects. I can't seem to get myself going again.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Hearts are for more than just one day, your crocheted heart is lovely.

Needled Mom said...

The red heart is so pretty. Great idea to make your own swiffer pads.

Carol said...

It's always nice to putter around with fabric, Kate--and even nicer that you've made a few things! Love your red heart, too--hope you are warm and cozy :)