Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I expect it's obvious that I'm under construction, and it looks like it could be a slow build.  So I shall try to post occasionally just to get the hang of it.  

In the last few weeks I've seen challenges to finish a UFO per month or make a new x-stitch per month or just make something each month that possibly might be a gift for next Christmas.  I must admit that I was tempted to sign up but told myself there was no way I could keep up.  But much to my surprise, when I survey all that I have done since the beginning of the new year, I've got quite a head start on accomplishing one something per month. YAY!

I have two more blocks of the Little Birdie Stitches BOM to finish stitching; as I finish each one I've been attaching the sashing (think that's the right word) so that by the time #12 is done I will be ready to sew these together for a quilt top.  Whilst stitching I have decided it will be finished as a baby quilt; and with a granddaughter getting married next summer perhaps it won't be too long before I will have a special someone to give it to.

My current x-stitch project is a small stocking ornament stitched in turkey red (#498) on white aida cloth.  It is quite attractive and I'm hoping I can do the finishing properly.  I have no problem x-stitching but finishing the projects can be a challenge - wish me luck. 

On the sewing table I'm working on a pair of placemats that I made from my stash - they are colourful - that just need the binding sewn on.  Perhaps that's what I should go and do now.

Here on the prairies we're in a deep freeze with wicked wind chills.  I am trying not to complain about it because it is January and to be expected but also because we've had a wonderfully mild winter till now.
 

No comments: