Friday, June 1, 2018

jammin' at the cabin .....

The talk of the town seems to be about blogger and the comment issues since the 25th of May.  I have learned how to receive the comments although they show up as 'no reply' which is no help at all.  I understand blogger is working on this issue and I hope they quickly come up with a fix.  Mind you, I'm surprised that they were reactive rather than proactive.

I thank all of you who left a comment on my last blog post - I won't be replying to your comments this time.  I also thank all of you who looked at my blog post.

I made some jam at the cabin using rhubarb, sugar and jelly powder - so simple and so delicious.  I used the hand blender once the rhubarb was cooked so there was no evidence of rhubarb - for the jam connoisseurs.  ^^



Whilst out walking last evening I came across wildflowers - three days ago there were none other than dandelions and they don't last once picked.  It's so dry the dandelions are quite small - I managed to pick enough leaves to add to the pasta sauce last evening - the bees have certainly been enjoying the flowers.  Even the lady slippers are quite small this year - they look miniature - I've never seen such small ones and they are exquisitely dainty ......



where wildflowers bloom so does hope

10 comments:

Kate said...

Thanks for visiting.

Robin in Virginia said...

Have a wonderful weekend, Kate! Your wildflowers are pretty.

WoolenSails said...

Yes, not getting comments in the mail is a pain, so I have to remember to check online. Hope they fix that soon. I make my own jelly but no sugar so it is not real jelly, but tastes good to me.

Debbie

Ann said...

I hate when things change with blogger and my routine gets upset but change is inevitable.
The jam sounds good.

Timi said...

The jam looks delicious :o)
I love wild flowers! And I love the little quilt under the vase :o)))

Needled Mom said...

Your jam also looks so pretty with the decorative topping.

Anthea said...

oh your jam looks so good in the jars there Kate... that combo of flavours sounds delicious! I've got a great rhubarb jam recipe but haven't made it for years.
Yes Blogger does seem to make some frustrating & questionable changes at times... & then have to scurry about to rectify the issue... not good.
You take care x

Carol said...

I've never made jam--can you believe that? Yours looks and sounds wonderful, Kate!

Brigitte said...

When my children were still at home I often made jam but gave it up because DH and I don't eat much of it. But I have to admit that home made jam is sooooo much better than bought one. Yours sounds delicious.

Maya Kuzman said...

To be honest, I have never tried rhubarb jam Kate! Quite curious how that tastes :)