Monday, April 13, 2020

a card ...

I made this card for a neighbour for Easter  - the envelope is made from gift wrap - the stitched piece was in my stash.  Her husband who turned 90 last autumn lives in long term care because of dementia.  She visits him every day.  During this pandemic she cannot visit him and she recently told me "visiting him is the highlight of my day" - she's feeling a bit lost - has no children nearby - can't visit relatives, friends, etc. because of social distancing - I daresay it's an especially lonely time for her.







sometimes all you need is a tighter hug

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful card you gifted your neighbor, Kate!

Carol said...

I'm sure your beautiful card will mean so much to her, Kate. My (almost) 93 year old mother is all alone in her senior living apartment as well. No one can visit her and she can't leave and return so she is getting very lonely--the only person she sees all day is the employee who drops off her dinner. I fear that a lot of seniors are really going to decline the longer this goes on :(

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a pretty card! I should get my supplies out and make some new ones. I've been sending a few cards in the mail and want to keep sending them to cheer family members stuck at home. Take care this week!

Ann said...

That's a lovely card. My heart goes out to people in her situation. Living alone I get a small taste of what that isolation feels like but I get to go out to work. I can't imagine how horribly lonely it would be if I didn't have that.

Anonymous said...

the world needs thoughtful friends like you, Kate!
claire93

Needled Mom said...

You are a blessing to her. I feel so sorry for those who are currently kept from visiting their loved ones at this time.

Clare-Aimetu said...

That is a beautiful card, you are so kind and caring to do this. It is so sad how lives are affected just now.