Thursday, April 16, 2020

busy work ...

I must admit that in the past six weeks there have been times when I've been a bit anxious.  To begin with it was concern for family members who are in the medical profession - a daughter-in-law who is a doctor and two granddaughters and a niece who are nurses - their well being is out of my hands so being anxious wasn't doing anyone any good.  On one occasion I was anxious about going for groceries - I armed myself with a bleach soaked rag for the grocery cart and a bottle of sanitizer for our hands - all went well.  ^^  
 Occasionally I find the news overwhelmingly dismal but can turn that off.  The one thing that occupies my mind and relaxes me is cross stitch - I have a few pieces to show you - to be quite honest I find the final finishing not nearly as relaxing as the stitching.  #bewellandstitch provided many free designs to stitch ...


 Happiness is Cross Stitching


The floral motif is for my stash and will make a nice card.  I took creative licence with the Lizzie Kate, Primitive Hare and Silver Creek Sampler designs by stitching the words and not the entire design.   All of these are freebies...


Kindness Always Matters - Silver Creek Samplers
Be Silly Be Honest Be Kind - Lizzie Kate
Flowers - Lucie Heaton
Everything will be fine - The Primitive Hare
Village Shelf -  Alex Kiss Cross Stitch
Chicken Love - the Real Housewives of Cross Stitch



the world is round
and the place that may seem like the end
may also be the beginning


5 comments:

Ann said...

I think there are a lot of people who are feeling anxious these days. I have to say that it really hasn't gotten to me.
Love all your stitched pieces. You are so good at that.

WoolenSails said...

I do not go to stores or near people, just hiking and then when I find a quiet place with no people, they start showing up. In our area, it seems the nursing homes are what are getting hit the worst. Keeping busy with our projects is the best way to stay calm and get through this.

Debbie

Clare-Aimetu said...

It's a very anxious time for everyone, we are all in different situations health, work and family wise making worries for us all. I love your stitching, it's a great mind focussing hobby, stay safe x

Robin in Virginia said...

What lovely stitches, Kate! Off to look for the Silver Creek Samplers one! Have a relaxing weekend!

Carol said...

I'm so glad your stitching is bringing some stress relief, Kate. I have periods (when I am really busy where I don't even think about it and then it hits me again. Limiting the news really helps :) Take care now and I hope your family remains healthy and safe!