Tuesday, April 21, 2020

so ...

This one missed the previous photo shoot ...


Pond Life - Elizabeth Almond



So my bright idea of living off the pantry and freezer was misguided.  After two and a half months of it the pantry was nearly bare - not a problem when grocery stores were well stocked - a big problem when the panic buying left grocery shelves empty for a few weeks - the pantry is nicely restocked again.  ^^

The latest good news is that our province is allowing garden centres/greenhouses to open!  I'm excited that they have declared them an essential service - at this time of year and with the lockdown, gardening will be therapeutic and make us a bit more self sufficient - and perhaps keep people home. 

The not so good news is that our province just declared a lockdown until May 18 which includes the May long weekend - the first long weekend of the summer! 

Have you noticed that each day has been a National Day of something or other?  My favourite day so far was National Gorgeous Grandmothers Day!  ^^



happiness is not about getting all you want -
it is about enjoying all you have



7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Very pretty Pond Life stitch, Kate! Glad your pantry is re-stocked! We have been eating out of the freezer along with tossing the stuff that has been in there way too long. Take care!

Carol said...

I'm glad you are now well stocked, Kate! My husband and I share differing philosophies on how to buy food. I have always bought ahead to have things on hand and, in this case, I'm happy I did! As my boys always remind me--"Mom, you could live for six months on what you have in your pantry alone!" But, I would miss the fresh salads and fruits if that were the case. Love your little stitched finish!

Ann said...

Pretty stitching.
The garden centers around here are not open and I don't udnerstand why. In other areas they are. Gardening would certainly give people something to do

Jenny said...

We have been in lockdown, here in New Zealand coming up 5 weeks now, with the following 2 weeks at a lower level to allow some workers to resume their jobs, builders, forestry that sort of thing. Restrictions will still apply to most of us, no unnecessary travel and retail shops and cafes still closed.
A well stocked pantry is a boon these days, I'm sure a lot of us will make sure we have plenty of supplies, and things like soap, laundry powder, paper products tucked away when this is all over. Extra sewing supplies too, I expect.
Take care and stay safe.

Needled Mom said...

I've never understood the gardening centers closed. That just seems like an essential business.

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful piece and I like the rope edge. We have been able to get food here, and we live close to stores so that helps. But regular products that I need to use are harder to get for me, so we order some when we can. I was going to stop at one of the only flower farms but they were way too crowded, so not worth it. I really want to garden more and it is nice being outside. I am waiting to see what happens here, we cannot travel and I have a trip planned for that weekend, so hopefully I will get my money back if we can't go.

Debbie

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely stitching, our garden centres are closed but many do home deliveries. I guess it's to stop people mingling whereas in shops you are in aisles and easier to keep distances, stay safe x