Monday, January 6, 2020

new trick ...

Who says you can't teach a new trick to an old dog!  ^^  I learned how to crochet a chain less foundation - it's my new favourite trick.
Here is a video on how to do it.  This technique made my life easy when I needed a chain of 145 stitches for this hanger cover. 



Crochet Hanger Cover:
 1. Chain 145 loosely (needs to be long enough to the  fit length of the hanger)
2.  Sc in 3rd chain from hook, *chain 1, skip next chain,  SC in next chain; repeat from * across
3.  Chain 2, turn, SC in next chain 1 space, *chain 1, SC in next chain space; repeat from * across
 4.  Repeat row 2 until the cover is wide enough to fit loosely over hanger; sew or crochet the two long ends together around the hanger

I usually crochet a chain tie for a bow and to this one I added a x-stitch scented sachet.


follow your dreams - 
they know the way


10 comments:

Carol said...

You're never too old to learn :) Looks great, Kate!

Ann Thompson said...

Good job. I always feel so accomplished when I learn something new

WoolenSails said...

That is a wonderful hanger and great way to display things.

Debbie

Chantal said...

Love the addition of the sachet. Clever! ;^)

butterfly said...

Looks Fab , well done .

Clare-Aimetu said...

Looks great Kate, well done on learning something new

Maya Kuzman said...

It looks grand Kate!

Robin in Virginia said...

Very clever, Kate! And one is never too old to learn a new trick or skill!

Needled Mom said...

It looks so nice too.

Timi said...

It looks great! I love the red hat! :o)