Friday, January 3, 2020

tempus fugit ...


Tempus Fugit - isn't that the truth - many of us ended the year talking about this.  This was in my stash of stitched pieces and recently added to the pile of pieces to finish - I'm steadily working my way through them.  I stitched this quite some time ago - cannot remember if I had a purpose and/or finish in mind.  ^^  

After Christmas I made a list of things to do, needed doing and/or would like to do - surprisingly, I have already ticked many of the items off the list.  Firstly, I had to sort through all the Christmas decorations/décor and decide what to keep - previously I had downsized to 3 bins and 1 box and am pleased to boast that now there are 2 bins - round of applause happily accepted.  It wasn't easy - when it came down to the nitty gritty I had to decide whether or not to part with the plastic canvas gingerbread house that I made a few decades ago - it still looked like new -  wouldn't fit in the bins so it went into the discard pile - I'm okay with that decision (surprisingly).    One other item that I'd been hanging onto was this Saint Nicholas - he even has wire spectacles that I made and real fur trim ...  

He joined the gingerbread house - hopefully both will find a home where they are appreciated.  

I'd like to thank all of you who follow my blog, read my blog and make the time to comment - you are appreciated.  If you don't have the time to comment I'm okay with that - I'm happy that you visit.


your mind is a garden -
your thoughts are the seeds -
you can grow flowers
or you can grow weeds



7 comments:

Chantal said...

And now what did your Tempus Fugit turn into? Is it big enough to be a pillow or is it a pincushion? It looks great though. I love the fabric you used. Good for you for purging. I don't hang on to a lot of stuff. I love to give things to friends and family.
Have a wonderful year. ;^)

WoolenSails said...

I need to downsize my decorations too. I have boxes of cat ornaments and no room for a big tree, but Alex loves the kitty ones I do use, so would love to do a larger one with all the ornaments, he loves kitties. But, my basement is a pile of boxes and time to clean it up. Wonderful stitchery and nice fabric choice for a border.

Debbie

Ann said...

I wanted to downsize and hopefully eliminate a bin but somehow I managed to have more stuff than I did when I unpacked it all. I think because this time I put all the village stuff in one tote and in the past I had stored all the items in a cabinet.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love that last quote! Happy new year my friend!

Robin in Virginia said...

I really should go through my Christmas bins (especially the ones that haven't seen the light of Christmas in a number of years) and release them. I have a hard time letting go. Love the quote at the end of your post, Kate!

Needled Mom said...

Your St. Nicholas is beautiful. I love all the detail.

Maya Kuzman said...

I started downsizing my ginormous pile of craft supplies - geez I have enough to open a store! So after the cleanse I gave my house - everything felt different :)