Monday, March 23, 2020

goose hunting ...

We'd heard on the news that the geese were back - a sure sign of spring.  So we decided to check it out and headed up to the Mossey River which is the first river we cross on the way to the cabin.  There were no geese there at the time - the good news is that the river is opening!!

Here's a photo - the other side of the bridge has more open water but I blurred the photo - perhaps in my excitement.  ^^  I know, it looks cold and wintery - it was a mild, sunny day with a cold wind - there were myriad animal tracks.



stay positive
even when it feels like your life is falling apart


4 comments:

Ann said...


This time of year, any small sign that spring is coming is a welcome sign to me.

Robin in Virginia said...

Beautiful picture, Kate! Sorry, you didn't see any geese, but the river being open is a good sign!

Chantal said...

Husband said he heard them singing the other night but I haven't. On the other hand I saw a robin in my backyard. Yay! ;^)

WoolenSails said...

We have a lot of geese in our area, plenty of ponds and a lot of them cover the fields at the farms.

Debbie