Monday, March 9, 2020

the weekend ...



On Saturday morning my laptop crashed - I've been expecting this  - every time Windows added another update this year it caused problems - finally it ended with a death.  Fortunately, I have a desktop PC that I can use - am undecided whether or not to replace the laptop.  Thank goodness I had done a back-up up on February 29 so I've only lost a week of files - whew.  ^^

I don't like DST - for several years we lived in an area that stayed on CST year around - that was enjoyable.

A fox paid us a visit early Saturday morning - such a treat to see him!  

We did our grocery shopping on the weekend - t. paper was on the list - it made me chuckle that we may have looked like we'd joined the t. paper mass hysteria!  ^^

I made my own hand sanitizer - you need a minimum of 60% alcohol - I added lavender and tea tree essential oils, both are anti-bacterial - along with some glycerin to prevent the alcohol from drying out our skin.




This was another good read!  It's set in Dublin with lots of interesting characters.

   




find some other way through the forest

8 comments:

Terri said...

Now I'm the opposite - I'd like to stay on DST year round :-) I don't like the jumping back and forth.

I went grocery shopping last week and I shop for a month at a time. So, I picked up a 12 pack of TP - and it's just me in the house :-) And I already had disinfecting products in my cleaning supplies, so didn't have to get that. The local stores are out of most of it.

I'd love the recipe to make your own hand sanitizer! I may have most of the supplies already.

There are 2 confirmed cases of the virus in our county, 1 in the neighboring town. (I'm in Central Indiana, USA)

WoolenSails said...

I hate grocery shopping, too many good smells that I can't eat, so I make lists and my husband gets it. I do go when I want specific things or to pick out fresh fruits and veggies. Your sanitizer sounds good, might have to try my own.

Debbie

Clare-Aimetu said...

Our clocks change at the end of March, nice in the spring as the evenings get longer but when they change in October we are soon into darkness.

Stay safe everyone with this awful virus, thanks for the recipe.

Ann said...

Oh no on the laptop. I haven't used mine in a long time since it worked really slow and took forever to do anything. I do prefer my desktop but the laptop was good for portability.
I'm with you on DST.

Robin in Virginia said...

Kate, sorry about your laptop's death, but at least you had backed up items and have a desktop to use. When we went to Dollar General yesterday, they had signs up that they were out of hand sanitizer and aloe vera. I felt badly for the lady at the register because a customer was screaming at her about the lack of that stuff. On the time change, I wish they would pick one or the other and stop messing with the clocks!

Susan said...

I'd prefer never to go on DST, but if we have to, let's just stay there! The switching messes up my biorhythms and it takes me forever to adjust. I liked living in Arizona where we ignored the whole thing. I was shopping on Monday, and there doesn't seem to be any big deal here. There's plenty of everything on the shelves. I had recently bought Hibiclens, so I'm covered for anything that wants to get me. =) I'm sorry about your laptop. I gave up a desk top 15 years ago and haven't ever missed it. I would have a hard time going back to it. I'm so glad you had recently backed up!

Carol said...

We had to break down and get a new desktop in January, Kate as we were still running Windows 7 and our ancient computer couldn't handle updating to 10. So far, it's been okay, but if my son hadn't been around to help with transferring all the files, etc., I don't know where we would have been--still figuring it out, I guess! Computers--sigh!

Glad you still have your desktop!

Maya Kuzman said...

Sorry to hear about your lap top. Since we do a lot of online business we have a PC and two lap tops. We had one stolen a year ago - hubs forgot it in the car, so mine is pretty new and I hope it will serve me well in the upcoming years.
Thank you on the sanitizer tip. I would love to try it, but here the situation is such that I'd rather find uranium in the pharmacies to buy than alcohol. Stay safe!