Friday, March 27, 2020

masks ...

With so much talk about masks one might think we'd skipped to Halloween.   ^^ 
 I made several face masks using 3 different patterns - one had a pocket for a filter and two were similar except that one was a 5 minute mask made with a serger - sadly, my serger is at the cabin - fortunately I had enough 1/4" elastic on hand - these are reversible (to white) and washable - I sanitized them before giving them away.   Of course,  I forgot to take a photo before giving most of them away  so here's all you get to see...



And yes, I know these do not and can not replace proper face masks and the recipients know this as well - if nothing else they are a souvenir of  COVID-19! 
 I gave the blue one to my next door neighbour who is elderly - she was thrilled to have it and said she'll be wearing it with pride the next time she goes to the bank - that made my day!!! ♥

This is the link to the 5 minute serged mask.  Here is the  other link. 




be thankful for today,
because in one moment
your life could change 

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Bless your heart, Kate, on making these masks for people. Have a relaxing weekend!

Clare-Aimetu said...

For one use, washing and using again I think these are great for shopping or as your neighbournsyas going the bank. We all have to be careful, stay safe.

Ann said...

I've seen a lot of different patterns out for face masks. Good job and I'm sure everyone who got one was thrilled

Maya Kuzman said...

We all know sewn or crochet masks do not replace medical ones, but here they increased them up to 600% of the price, can you believe that? Not only that they priced them high - they are also scarce to find. Thus, I sewed some for my family. Good thing they can be washed and re-used time and time again.
Take care and stay safe!