Wednesday, March 25, 2020

green thumb ...




These are compact plants (red robin tomato) and cucumber that are meant to be grown indoors during the off season.  One of our neighbours has the greenest of green thumbs - grew several of these and shared them with whoever wanted one - isn't she a sweetie.  The tomato has lots of flowers and three tomatoes -  the cuke has that long vine with lots of flowers and two cucumbers - it's exciting just having the plants even if they don't give us fresh fruit.   ^^





to plant a seed
is to believe in tomorrow


5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

The plants are so gorgeous that you were given! I don't have a green thumb, so either the hubby would have to maintain them or they would die here.

butterfly said...

Lovely plants I am growing my ones inside before I can put them out in May.

Ann said...

How awesome. I wish I was good with plants. I would love to have fresh tomatoes and cucumbers this time of year.

Chantal said...

I'm with Ann on this one. No green thumbs here, but would so love to be able to grow a garden. I use to when the boys were younger as they thought it was fun to help in the garden. Nowadays all they want is the food, haha! ;^)

WoolenSails said...

I have never had luck with growing early from pots, I usually go to the store and buy plants or use seeds.
My garden is losing its good soil, so haven't bothered the last few years. It is also a lot of work to keep it up, and with just the two of us, not worth a full garden, but I do like to get a few tomato plants.

Debbie