I spent the morning sorting through 3 bins of fabric, etc. and now have three empty bins and know exactly what I have in my stash and all the fat quarters are sorted by colour - what a relief. One of the bins was filled with assorted yarns - I used to crochet and do plastic canvas. I didn't discard the yarns but sorted them and made them fit into a smaller box that is well labeled so a future decision will be easy. lol In the box of yarn was a crocheted something or other and whilst I knew what it was for I wasn't sure if the second piece had been made ... sure enough there it was along with the pattern - Eureka! This mystery item was a crocheted cover for a plastic hanger; the two pieces slip over each end of the hanger and are stitched together at the centre; I stitched them together and now have another fancy hanger .... why it didn't get stitched together years ago is beyond me.
There was a sense of accomplishment today and that's a good thing.